Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Döner macht schöner

Döner macht schöner
Döner macht schöner,
originally uploaded by coyotetrips.
As Stefan says on his description of one of our photos from yesterday, "The worlds best Döner is still in Bonn-Bad Godesberg/Germany, but this one in Portland. Oregon is not bad at all (515 SW 4th Ave.)." The place in Bonn-Bad Godesberg has ruined us both for all other doener, but, indeed, this one is nice, and I hope we can go back. Interesting that this doener Kebab restaurant promotes itself as offering "German cuisine." But I guess the doener kebab has become the German national dish. I can't believe doener hasn't really caught on here in the USA! This is me posing with the cover of the menu -- nothing like those cartoonish stereotypes to smooth over relations with different cultures. I guess there aren't enough Turks in Portland to be outraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment